I had the blessed opportunity to attend a photography workshop with the legendary Steve Mackley giving us some of his professional tips and advice, and it was the quickest 5 hours I've ever spent. Not nearly enough time to absorb it all! It left me wanting to learn more. We had three beautiful girls who were so patient to pose for the entire time for us (and probably had a major headache after all those flashes going off for hours.) Maybe I'll post some more of the pics from that shoot if I ever get time to go through them. But for now, I just wanted to post this to show you one of my favorite thrifty finds- My sweet yellow chair. I won't even tell you how much I paid for it, because then you'll all want to go out and get yourself one, and I don't need any more competition at DI. Things like this get snatched up within minutes of going out on the floor.
Yes, Dave thinks I'm crazy every time he sees me bring home another beauty like this, but my photography friends know what I'm thinking, right? You can't find color like this just anywhere, you have to go back a few decades! You can see some more pictures my talented friends took using this chair here or here.
Speaking of color, here's another chair I just knew was coming home with me when I saw it. They don't make this color anymore! Isn't is gorgeous? This one is in Bailey's room for now, but it would make some funky photography too. I'm thinking I want to redecorate Bailey's room around this chair.
My favorite is the cute button detail. I'm thinking these chairs have so much personality, they need some names. Any ideas?
3 comments:
I have such chair envy. I am on the hunt, but I'm sure I will never find one I love as much as your yellow/gold one.
I'm glad you had as much fun as I did at the workshop.
consaten
I bought my rub n buff at Ben Franklin's. You may want to call craft or maybe even paint stores and ask if they can order it in. It's a product that's been around for years.
Did that chair come from my mom's living room? LOL
Post a Comment