Sunday, May 17

My Baby Turns Four

My littlest angel, Avery turned four years old on Mother's Day this year. I know everyone says it, but where did the time go? She has been a joy to us since the minute she was born. I kept waiting for the terrible twos to hit, then the terrible threes, but it just hasn't happened yet with her. She's four and still just an angel. Completely obedient, and loving, and complimentary, and snuggly, and positive, and smiley. She wakes up in a good mood and brightens every day. She calls me either Mama or snug-a-bug. Now I'm just bragging, but I can't help it. I just love love love this kid. Now here's my baby riding her bike (sigh.)


Well, we've been partying all week for Avery, so here's a LOT of pictures. She wanted a Hello Kitty Cupcake party. You can see she was thrilled when she saw her cake!



Avery just loves the spotlight, so she thoroughly enjoyed every minute of her birthday celebrations. We were just about to sing happy birthday to her when there was a knock at the door and a very special visitor came by to see her.




It was none other than Mr. Barack Obama! (You have to know that Avery talks about him all the time as if she knows him, so we thought it would be funny if he showed up to her party.) Now, she wasn't exactly thrilled to see him on our front door, in fact she was scared to death and wouldn't look at him until we explained to her that it was just a picture of him, not the actual president. Then she thought it was pretty funny.





She's warming up to him . . . . . .






Avery and her main man Barack Obama . . .







It was such an honor to have him join us for cake and ice cream! We celebrated Avery's birthday and Mother's Day with my Mom and my sister and brother.








Now on to the PRESENTS! She absolutely loved every present she got (except for the clothes she tossed aside, but Mom loves them, thank you very much) This doggy wags it's tail and she would giggle and squeal at it.









This is the one she's been dreaming about, a Swim-To-Me-Puppy.










Hey, this is a great way to get your kids to take a bath more often!











After partying with both sets of grandparents, we had a party with her little friends.
The invitation.












The Welcome sign.













Just add girls for a whole lot of fun!














Pin the whiskers on Hello Kitty . . . .














Freeze Dance . . . .















I love Amanda doing "the chicken" in the back.
















Not sure why she was a chicken with a Hello Kitty mask on :) These girls make me laugh, they are all SO cute. We also played Hello Kitty Hide-N-Seek, where they wore their masks and pretended to be kitties.
















The Presents . . . . .
































The Tea Party . . . . .















Avery's favorite: CUPCAKES!!!
And of course while we ate pink cupcakes, I had to read them the story of "Pinkalicious".





















































Later we went to lunch with her friend Zach, who couldn't make it to the party, which was probably more fun for him than hanging out with 6 girls anyway . . . . .














Thank you to everyone who made this so special for Avery. We have some really great friends and family and we love all of you.

10 comments:

Candace said...

What a birthday! I can't believe they are turning 4. I remember when we blessed Avery and Lillian on the same day and I can't believe it has been 4 years!
Lillian had such a great time at Avery's party, thanks for the fun time. I need to bounce some ideas off you for Lillian's party.

Milana said...

I love the family pictures with the President!!! It looks like everyone had a blast! What a fun four year old party!!!

Hayley said...

Thanks for inviting my ladies too! They had a great time! We just love Avery, she is such a doll and such a beauty!

Kris said...

How fun! Ok - need to share the Pinkalicious story...

jwoodruff said...

Sorry about missing the Party, but it worked out better. You would have had to caption 6 ladies and a guy on everything. I love that they are still such good friends I hope that they continue to be for a very long time.

Your love for Barack is crazy! I think Avery probably has to fight you for who's room he hangs out in!!! You are Hilarious!

Brent and Jessica said...

Avery~

Happy Birthday Little Lady. You have grow up so much. Uncle Brent and I love to have you around and we love you sweet spirit and smiles. They just melt our heart! We hope that this next year will be a good one for you.

Love,

Uncle Brent and Aunt Jessica

P.S. I am so jealous that Barak Obama came to your birthday party. Since you have an in with him maybe you can get him to come to mine.

Tiffany said...

holly cow!! i cant belive avery is 4. Well tell her happy 4th bithday for me. Hope you can come down this summer. THAT WOULD BE THE BOMB. talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Haha, I just love that you had Barack Obama come! That is hilarious. But that looks like such a fun party! I really hope that I can be so creative at my little girl's birthday parties!

just the five of us said...

Okay, I am not a Barrak Obama fan as much as Avery, but that is so funny. Does she keep that in her room? Where did you get the huge picture of him? You really should have posted that on YouTube! Then maybe the real one would show up!

Come see us this summer, Brent and them are. We would love to have you.

Eileen said...

Blogger didn't tell me about this post. What a darling party! and darling girls.

sties