It's not often that all five of us siblings are in the same place at the same time, but thanks to my brother's wedding, this was able to happen, if only for one day. Unfortunately, we are missing Kollin in this picture because he was honeymooning with his wife. So here's four out of five. (Brett, Me, Nessa, Logan)
My brother Brett was visiting from Alaska for the weekend, and so we got to soak up some precious hours with him. It wasn't enough though, only left me missing him more. He gave Cade and me some pointers on playing pool (I didn't realize Brett was an expert pool player and competed on a team back home!) He humbled me in a game when he cleared the table in one- ok, maybe two, turns.
Cade was pretty impressed, to say the least.
I miss Brett.
Well, it's official, my brother Kollin and Becca are married! If anyone remembers a post about this a year ago, yes its true they already got married, but apparently the first time wasn't exactly legitimate. Whooops! So we get to celebrate AGAIN, and hey, we don't mind celebrating twice! It was fun walking downtown with the entire wedding party and cars honking at the bride and groom to congratulate them.
I've seen alot, and I mean ALOT of wedding receptions, but this is one that will always stick out in my mind. It was a dinner party on the stage of the Egyptian theater, and it was really quite stunning. Becca's sister did an incredible job of setting the stage in all black and turquoise, with gorgeous crystal garlands hanging down the curtains.
This guy was playing some instrument I can't remember the name of right now, and wearing a kilt. It was beautiful. The music, I mean.
I was having trouble getting any pictures with the lighting on stage that was throwing me off, but here's a few that turned out. I love the look on Kollin's face here- such a proud groom.
Here's my niece as a pretty little flower girl- She is 8 going on 18! Look at her holding her water glass like queen Elizabethe. What a sophisticated little girl! This is my handsome eligible brother, Logan. I think he looks a lot like Matt Damon, no?
And here's some pics of Elizabethe's birthday last weekend. Her choice of activity was this awesome indoor swimming pool- what a great idea! There's a circular whirlpool where the water spins around like a toilet bowl flushing, and once you get in it's a struggle to get out! The kids thought this was hilarious. Of course Avery, being obsessed with the potty talk right now, kept saying "Look at me, I'm a poop in the toilet bowl!"
3 comments:
Too much fun for words. I love weddings, and I love family anything! Your kids look like Kollin. Not sure which ones, but I just see a family resemblance.
This new backdrop is gray. It kinda looked black in the B&W pic, huh?
calincle
Hey! You have an eligible brother??? I have an eligible sister! We should do something about that!
Hi Chanelle! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. It's nice to meet you! I actually think I've met your husband before (he's Eric's busines partner, right?). Anyway, I hope you don't mind my dropping in!
Post a Comment