
Easter is such a great time of year, I love everything about this holiday. Bailey gave a talk on Sunday about the symbols of Easter and how everything that traditionalizes Easter is a symbol of NEW LIFE. The yolk in the eggs represents Christ's emergence from the tomb. The bunny is a symbol of life because it is sooooo fertile. Each spring I am completely amazed at all the dead plants in my yard that miraculously come back to life. Of course I love to give "new life" to old things, so it seems only appropriate that I spent my Spring Break giving new life to . . . . . .
my kitchen table! It actually used to be black, but it was getting a little dreary to me (not to mention the fingerprint nightmare it was) So I announced to Dave that I'd been thinking I'd like to paint it ivory with a glaze on it and he was THRILLED! Right hon? So we took it to his shop, sanded it and refinished it. (Being married to a cabinet guy has it's perks sometimes)
Here's a little peek at something else I'm giving new life to. I fell in love with this when I saw it, but Dave's not convinced it's a keeper yet. Dave refers to it as my Phantom of the Opera light. This is the "before" shot, and I'll hopefully post the "after" shot soon. I painted over the brass this weekend and I'm going to add some crystals. It's hanging in my garage for now, and it really fancies up the garage!
This is another chandelier makeover I did for Avery's room. I just love a chandelier in a room, and fortunately they're pretty easy to come by at the thrift stores because people just get rid of these! (Whaaaat?)
And this picture of Avery is here just because I think it's so darn cute. We told the kids we'd take them to Baby Animal Days, as long as they promised we wouldn't have crying all the way home about not being able to have a pet bunny. We threatened being grounded if we heard one peep about it. (Cause we've had THAT conversation at least a hundred times since our last bunny episode.) I admit I want them as badly as the kids do, but we need a fence first!
6 comments:
I have been looking forward to your post all week!!! Your table looks brand new! Avery's room is beautiful! Once again...you are amazing!!! We had to have the same bunny talk with our kids at baby animal days, although I think Trey wanted one of the baby goats this time! See ya Monday!
I wont ever forget the last bunny incident. That was awful.
Your table is beautiful! I am so loving these Thursday posts! I have been trying to talk myself into doing something to our kitchen table...but I don't know where to begin. I may have to call you! Thanks for letting Avery play yesterday, she is such a little doll!
Your table looks great! I even like the cute egg decoration on it. I didn't put any bunny decorations out this year.
I love your thrifty thursdays. Plus Avery with the duck is cute.
Holy Cow are you talented or what? I am so impressed with the table is really brightens up that area. How cute is Avery's room? I am in love with how cute and girly it is. I can't wait to see how the chandelier turns out. I also love the metal tubs with wheat grass in them. Where did you find the wheat grass? I love the thrifty Thursdays - you totally inspire me.
I do love the table! You really have an amazing knack for beautifying/giving new life to things. And I'd never thought of fixing up old chandeliers. That's an awesome idea. I'm already looking forward to this Thursday!
Post a Comment