This afternoon we had a funny experience. Well, it's only funny NOW.
When Cade came home from school, Avery and I were in her bedroom. He came in to talk to me, and Avery-thinking it would be funny- decided to lock her door and shut it. Well, her room has a lock on the OUTSIDE of the door, so now all three of us are locked in her bedroom with no way out. I couldn't find a single toy or stick or hairpin that was skinny enough to pick the lock, so we three just sat there until Bailey came home from school and we could call out to her to come rescue us, which she did, after being trapped for about a half hour.
But wait, it gets better.
So Bailey comes home and into the bedroom and we are thanking her and explaining how we got stuck there in the first place, and while we are talking, Avery- again, thinking it would be funny- LOCKS THE DOOR AGAIN. Now all FOUR of us are locked in the bedroom. Avery just looks at me with this mischeivous grin, thinking she just pulled off the best prank ever, and I tried really hard not to let loose with the swearing in front of my kids. I couldn't believe we'd just been BAMBOOZLED by a three year old twice in a row!
Now what, wait until Dave gets home? That's a good two hours away, and some of us need to go potty! So we start looking for people outside to call out to to come into our house and rescue us, but would you believe on this beautiful day, there was no one in our front yard for a very long time?
So Cade tries to convince me he could jump out the window, (which is a two story drop!) and by this time I'm actually thinking that might not be so bad of an idea. On any normal day I would never allow this, but given the circumstance, I'm actually considering it. We'd been in there for an hour! I coach him for several minutes on how to do the drop and roll so he doesn't break an ankle, and how he needs to clear the prickly bushes, and then without hesitation, he leaps out to rescue us.
You must know this is a dream come true for him, he felt like Superman and he was definitely a hero! He enjoyed it so much he begged to do it just one more time, so I let him get it out of his system and he did it one more time. Just in case any of my neighbors witnessed this, I just wanted to let you know it's not a normal activity at our house, don't call child protection services on me ;)
14 comments:
What an experience! This is going to be one of those things that you are going to be laughing about with Avery's kids! Thank heavens for Cade's bravery!!! Thanks for your comments on my blog...I wasn't planning on getting so sappy on my blog last night, but I guess it pushed it's way through! We need to meet at the park now that the weather is better!!!
This post made me laugh! I can see Cade getting all excited to jump out the window!
I was going to tell you that since my blog is private you can't see when it is updated. I usually post at least once a week.
That is funny! How awesome for Cade to be the hero and jump out of the window.
That is hilarious Chanelle!
*Feeling really guilty that we weren't outside near your house yesterday*.
And also laughing my guts out. That is funny stuff.
So funny!!! That is a great memory to have written down :)
My mom & Grandma are going to be in town on Thursday and Livia has school at 1, but how about Friday. What time do your kids get out of school? Did I give you my email address? Milanat2000@hotmail.com. It will be fun to get together outside of dance!
I can totally see Avery doing that and just smiling about how clever she had been. I am thinking I should turn Zach's lock around now. We have almost had the same thing happen a couple of times. It must be the age.
That is a story that you will have to write down! Someday you may forget it, and Avery will never remember it.
Hilarious Story. Yes, Cade was brave, but I say Kudos to you for your bravery in letting him jump out of the window...Twice!
Oh I am laughing!! That is a really great story to let your kids remember forever! And I am glad Cade saved the day, because being stuck in a little room with several kids could be a little crazy!! I am glad you are out! They never got that metal cut but today it is done so I will bring it over tonight!
Wow! That is awesome Cade wanted to do that so bad! But thank goodness he did want to or who knows how long you'd be there! Haha that is crazy though :).
How funny is that. That will definitely be an experience you will all remember!
Wow - it ahppens at your house too! I'm so sorry, and yet so glad we're not the only ones with such adventures. You're an awesome mom!!
Post a Comment