Sunday, March 1

A Total Blast

Well we're back from our week of fun and sun, and I am having California withdrawal already! My kids are having withdrawals from being with our great friends that we went with. We spent 8 days together and it wasn't long enough! It was too much fun for words, so I'll let the pictures do the talking. (There are a lot of them, how could I narrow them down?) I love the look of pure happiness on all the kids' faces.
The hotel we stayed at had a Pirates Cove swimming pool that dumped huge buckets of water on your head. It was a big hit with the kids!






Look at baby Mallory in the corner, oblivious to the wave of water all around her!


The grown ups liked it too.



Sea World
The Shamu show always makes me and Dave cry.






Of course we were always in the SOAK ZONE







Avery and Reagan are like twins, they always wanted to dress the same and have the same hairdo. We called this hairdo the "Mickey Mouse ears".



























Tyler making a friend . . . .










At the dolphin show, the trainers asked one little girl to pet the dolphin and describe what it felt like. She said "A hot dog". Hee hee!












Bailey looks so solemn, but this is a dream come true for her! She's decided to become a dolphin trainer when she grows up. (Hmmm, I guess we'll have to move to California, dang.)













The Boys . . . . .














DISNEYLAND
The girls . . . . . . .















We had three jam packed days of fun in Disneyland. How did we get so lucky with the week of sunshine? We just went until the kids pooped out, then the adults took turns taking the kids back to the hotel while the other couple got to experience Downtown Disney without the kids. Now that's fun too! Dave and I had a fabulous meal one night at Tortilla Jo's.















The Anderson gang. We love these guys.















Good friends like these share everything, even their suckers!


















This is the autograph Bailey wanted. No more princesses for this big girl (sigh). But she did enjoy being called a princess by all the Disney staff!


















Our littlest princess. She actually didn't care too much to get the princesses autographs, so that saved us a lot of time not having to wait in THAT line!

















"To Cade, from one goofball to another. Love, Goofy"
















Avery told me many times "I'm so happy!" She was such a joy to watch and to see everything through her eyes. She would often say "Whoa, look at that! That's a MIRACLE!"





















And I was amazed at how BRAVE she was! This picture cracks me up because she looks terrified on the roller coaster, but as soon as it stopped she said "I wanna go AGAIN!!"




















L is for "LOVIN IT!"























While the little kids played in Bugs Life, Bailey and I watched this street performance.



















Avery loves this place!!!!!















Cade was my ride buddy, we loved to go on all the "big" rides together.



















The best ride for me and Cade was hands down, the Tower of Terror!!!
Cade had to psyche himself up to go on it, but once he did, he couldn't get enough. I've lost track of how many times he went! What a great ride.















And Toy Story gets a big Thumbs Up from everyone too. Amazing. I keep saying "How do they DO THAT?!?!?"


































Cade just HAD to build his own lightsaber souvenir. Um, don't we already have about 15 other light sabers at home?!?!?
























All Avery wanted was a sucker for her souvenir. Okaaaaaaayyy. She's too good to be true!
















NEWPORT BEACH
We thought we'd let the kids dip their toes in the water before we headed back, but who were we kidding to think they would stop with just their toes. Before we knew it they were all in their swimsuits and body surfing.





































































































































We are all sad it's over, we must do this again soon! We enjoyed every minute of it!

14 comments:

Hayley said...

I want to cry. Seriously, don't you just want to go back and never come home?? Disneyland is magical and we were at all the same places, how in the world did we not bump into eachother? Next time we will have to meet for a ride on the tower! Glad your home, tell Cade congrats from us and see you tomorrow!

Ballard Family said...

How fun! I'm so jealous of you all who got to get out of this cold weather!

Brent and Jessica said...

We love the pictures. It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love the roller coaster picture.

Natalee said...

What an awesome trip! I can't wait for the day that I get to do that with my fam! Loved all the pics! Thanks for sharing!

Cotton Mill Cabinetry & Furniture, Inc. said...

How fun! And how fun to see you, too. (John was sad...) Cade and Jake must be cut from the same cloth!!

Jenni said...

I have been looking forward to this post!! I'm so glad you had a fun time, it's sad how fast it goes! We LOVED the new toy story ride, too! So fun.... and we love how our kids actually have fun together when we are there.

jwoodruff said...

It looks like you all had so much fun. I am so glad that you had nice weather aswell. Maybe next time we will go with you. Love the one of Dave and Bryan their expressions are priceless.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, why did everyone go to the fun and the sun! I am so jealous. It looked truly amazing! Take me next time!

Candace said...

I am so jealous I think I could cry. It looks like you had so much fun! Everything was so beautiful! I love Avery's face in that one picture, it is pure joy. Your kids really look like they are having the best time, not to mention you and Dave too. I am glad your home but I don't think I would want to come home from that either.

Hanne and Fam said...

What an awesome vacation! I just keep telling myself, someday... As for the signature I went to cutestblogontheblock.com and clicked on the tab that says 'Blog Secrets.' There is a link for adding a signature to your posts.

Tiffany said...

WOW!! that sounds like you had so much fun. We went in October and A Small World wasn't even open. DANG. Well you'll have to tell us ALL about it next week when we come up to see you guys. See you soon

Love,
Tiffany

P.S: Did you go on Splash Mountain??

just the five of us said...

Disney is the happiest place on earth. I could go once a month. Except after a few days there, I need another vacation. I get tired of all of the people.

Eileen said...

I somehow missed this post. What a HAPPY post it is! I have Disney-envy something terrible.

LOVE your pics. They are so bright and crisp. Good job!

haimmse

vickie said...

It is so fun to see the pictures of all your stories. This looks like a great vacation. I'm glad you got to go.