Saturday, March 21

Come in to my bathrooms


It all started with these pretty little paintings I found on clearance for $2.50 each. How could I pass them up?
I love love LOVE poppies, they are such happy flowers!



















I thought they would brighten up my boring laundry bathroom.

























Then I got looking at my other bathroom, and it occured to me that I have not changed one thing in my main bathroom since we moved in eight years ago. EIGHT YEARS!!!! How could that be? I have changed every other room in my entire house at least 3 times, but somehow have overlooked this bathroom. So I had to get to work. I wish I had taken a "before" picture, but I didn't, so just imagine lots of lavender and plum colors. I had an arrangement with lavender in it, and a iron rod on the wall with lots of (ugh!) dusty dried flowers on it. The whole bathroom was kind of tired and outdated. So I used some of the plum colors that were already in there, but gave it a more modern look by adding red and changing the accessories and here's the new and improved bathroom. Ta-Daaaaa!




Now it's more Pier-One-ish I think. You must know that all the accessories are thrift store/garage sale finds that I already had.
I really wanted a cool tassle on the towels to complete the look, so I went to Michaels and it must be my lucky day cause they had just one tassle left and it was on clearance.


And I absolutely had to buy new shower curtain rings because I had those ugly plastic ones on. Then I spraypainted my shower rod a bronze color, because it was sage green and that wouldn't do.






My favorite addition to this bathroom is this funny picture of a cat who needs "to go" that I cut out of a magazine and put in a frame. It makes my kids laugh, (and it is their bathroom, after all).
Poppy artwork: $5
Shower curtain rings: $9
Red towel: $8
Tassle: $4
Cat that needs to go pee-pee: priceless

Ahh, I feel much better about my bathrooms now. I hope I don't let it go for another 8 years.




6 comments:

just the five of us said...

How do your kids wash their hands without messing up the neat towels? I have a towel knotted around the others and it is always a mess:D You need to check out this blog the thrifty decor chick (you can link from my blog) she has amazing ideas too.

Natalee said...

You totally inspire me! We have to plan a couple of reunions. One where I come to your place up north, and one where you come back down south here to my place.

BTW...I just posted something for you as well on my blog!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Do you give lessons on how to be creative and decorate your house? I will need some desperate help as soon as we get into an apartment this summer, plus we'll need to put together a cute nursery to boot. You are brilliant when it comes to decor!

Milana said...

You are amazing! I think that we need to have a girls night out and go shopping! I love your blog...your wedding blog is gorgous too! You are so talented! Thanks for all of your tips!

nattiesplace said...

I guess I have spring fever and feel the need to change everything. Your new bathroom looks great. I love a girl that has decorative towels. I told Matt that I am not the only one with towels that if you touch you lose a hand.

Candace said...

I also LOVE poppies! Another thing we have in common. I love the new bathrooms. The cat having to go pee is hilarious, you have such a great sense of humor!
Also I love the comic about Twilight, so funny!