Friday, December 12

Mr. Mom


Last Saturday was one of those days I was reminded of why I married my husband. I was out for several hours doing some Christmas shopping, and when I came home I found Dave doing this.



And this.


Yes, that's a white linen on the table. Such a classy guy. Happy kids, fine linens, and the whole turkey dinner. It's enough to make a mom cry! I love that I can leave him with three kids, and not only will the house be cleaner than when I left it, but dinner will be on the table and wonderful. I have absolutely no idea how he does it and makes it look so easy, but I just enjoy. You are speaking my love language!



After a post Thanksgiving meal, the kids all got in the hot tub and then wanted to cozy up with some hot chocolate. Avery thought the Santa hat would go perfectly with her red and white swimsuit, and I agreed. It was the perfect evening of de-stressing during this crazy month. Thanks Dave, I needed that.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm showing Travis this post right now.

Gosh, your family is perfect. It's sickening.

Eileen said...

Can I marry him too? JK I could see my Dave doing that too. If I try REALLY hard. JK again! You deserve an award for taking pics of it all.

infulum

just the five of us said...

Don't you love surprises like that?
I had a night like that a couple of weeks ago, and they cleaned the blinds too.

Hey did Dave do the dishes?

Candace said...

I've said it before and I will say it again, Dave needs to give husband lessons; I'm serious. How sweet is that?!

Eileen said...

Funny you asked about who takes my family photo. My family hasn't been together this whole year, so I'm rebelling and not sending cards. But we'll ALL be together this Christmas, so I'll either set up a tri-pod, or my friend Heather http://heathertaylorphoto.com/blog/ will take them. If timing works out. Unless you want to volunteer!

hyllayi