Monday, September 22

Super Powers

In church yesterday, Cade somehow got the impression that if you pray to Heavenly Father for help, he will give you special powers. Of course to his 7 year old mind, this translated to "super powers". So last night Cade wanted to say a prayer that Heavenly Father would protect him so he could parachute out of a plane into a huge bed of nails and not get hurt.

Hopefully I don't have a future stunt man on my hands . . . .

It was a tear-jerking day at church- all of us in the Primary Presidency were released. Those kids are so easy to love and so hard to say goodbye to! We did a hugging/high-five machine out the door as they all left us, and it was so great to get a hug or a high-five from 100-plus kids. My love tank was full.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Cute posts. How did I miss the "hoss-grappers" post? She is such a cutie pie.

Brent and Jessica said...

That is so funny! That would be awesome if Heavenly Father could give us super powers! That really brightened my day today. That is really sad that you got released. I bet that it will be nice to get back into Relief Society.

Hanne and Fam said...

You guys were a great presidency and I for one am going to miss you!

Jenni said...

Chanelle, I will totally teach you how to coupon shop, start saving your Sunday coupons and I'll start tutoring you. You'll be perfect because your a true blue yardsaler. And yes, I love David Cook's voice!!!

Courtney McKay said...

Avery is so cute!! I love what you posted about her. You might have to watch Cade, you might just have a stunt man on your hands.