Sunday, May 18

Holy Tornado!

We had a little excitement the first day in Branson. We experienced our first tornado! Luckily it went right by Branson but did not hit us. There were sirens going off to tell everyone to take cover, and the kids were hiding in the basement, pretty worried. Dave and I were sitting on the screened porch like a couple of stupid tourists, hoping to get a view of a tornado! I love these pictures, the first one is during the storm, and in the second one, you can literally see the storm passing and leaving blue skies behind as if nothing ever happened. Later we read in the paper that 22 people died in that storm, so we feel pretty lucky.

1 comment:

Guymon Family said...

Oh my goodness, you are brave. I have always felt extremely lucky to live in our sheltered little valley. I'm glad you guys had fun. Branson is a one of a kind place!