Wednesday, May 7

All About Avery

It's Avery's special day, three years old! So for today she got everything she wanted. How is this different from any other day? It's not. Avery often takes center stage in the family, but is well deserving and we all adore her. You can't help smiling when you're with her. Just a few things that make me smile about Avery: She loves everyone and lets you know it by her great hugs. Today was a little rainy so she stepped in the puddles and then made "poo-prints" on the sidewalk" She also calls Spongebob "Bob-bob Poo-pants" (Whenever she can't say a word, she can insert the word "poo" to make it work. ) Whenever I fix something of hers that's broken, she says "You strong, mommy!" and, she can't go to sleep unless you sing the ABC song with her.

Avery is a horse lover, so we had a little pony party with her friends. Everyone received a stick horse at the party, and we played Balloon basketball, made some butterflies, colored pony pictures, and had a tea party for the horsies. We had cupcakes and bubblegum icecream. Consequently, Avery named her horse "pink bubblegum" and her friend named hers Old MacDonald, since we sang that song. Her horse cake was one of the easiest I've made, so simple! The carrot was Avery's idea, the horse needed something to eat. When Avery saw it she said "That's bootiful Mom, I lub it!!" You make a mom feel good!

Then it was off to McDonalds for lunch with her sweetheart, Zach. (Is this picture of them any indication of future feelings?) She insisted on wearing the cheerleader outfit and Dora backpack to lunch, but hey, it's your day. I spent the afternoon following Avery around with the camera, since I got this new one I'm having so much fun playing with it! Check out her new wheels, Sam will be jealous!

We are celebrating with grandparents later, so tonight was our little family party. Daddy became the poor horse with three riders. Bailey learned Happy Birthday on the piano and played it for Avery over and over. Avery went to bed tired and happy, hopefully dreaming of horses.

5 comments:

Brent and Jessica said...

I cannot believe that she is 3. She is so cute...and already kissing boys...dang. We miss you guys, and hope that she had a very fun and special day.

Hayley said...

You did a great job on the cake! It look fab. I also love the picture of Zachary and Avery. Very sweet, though he may have some competition now that she rides in Raydens car....

Angee said...

Hey, Your reception business was so cool, awesome, and amazing all the stuff you had. You were my favorite roommate. I had a lot before and after on my second go round. It is so fun to see your family. Tell Dave Hi

sherisse said...

Your kids are darling, we really need to get together some time.

Courtney McKay said...

That picture is so cute! She is adorable! Sounds like a fun birthday!!