Sunday, April 27

Geocaching Cache Valley

We decided to spend this sunny Sunday afternoon going geocaching- for those of you unfamiliar with this sport, it's basically getting coordinates from fellow geocachers who have previously hidden treasures all over the valley, then following your GPS to find where X marks the spot. Since I am married to a guy who secretly wants to be a treasure hunter, he thought this was great fun, and the kids love it too. The great thing about it is, some of the spots we went to were parks and trails that I didn't even know existed, and I've lived here for 12 years! Some were buried in tree trunks, and one was under a pile of rocks. After that, we hiked up this mountainside to look for antlers that the elk have dropped, and Cade was lucky enough to find one! Dave said this was his idea of a perfect Sunday.

5 comments:

Brent and Jessica said...

That sounds like so much fun. I bet the kids loved it. As for the blog, I there are tons of websites out there that have free backgrounds. I will send you the links. I am working on the Raging Waters tickets. Brent and I are so excited and I think that we will have a blast.

jwoodruff said...

I talked to DAn and he said he and DAve have already planned an outing!! I am really excited.

Guymon Family said...

Thank you so much for your connection to Ken Rockwell. His site was soooo helpful. I had always been curious about the digital/film connection and the science behind megapixels. But I had only heard the opinion of camerasalesman which is very distorted. So thank you, thank you! I am so excited about some of the information I found I seriously cannot even sleep. It's like 5 a.m.! I can't wait to get shooting!

Courtney McKay said...

What a fun Sunday afternoon trip! Are you having fun with your camera??

Hayley said...

I just wanted to say thanks for decorating the dinner tonight. You are just so talented! I feel lucky to be your neighbor and friend!