Friday, December 11

Have a Regular Christmas

Thank you to those who cheered me up after my last post. I'm over my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, and another thing I'm grateful for is wonderful friends who pick me up, dust me off, and set me back on the path. Mothers need that every once in a while!

Wanna know the perfect age for Christmas? It's 4.5

The joy this little one finds in every new thing is so contagious and she is making this holiday season so much fun for us! She's been wrapping up things around the house to give to people, and she's cutting out scraps of wrapping paper and taping them to the walls to "decorate". (You know the song, "Deck the Halls with Wrapping Paper, la la la la la......")

And I keep finding the strangest things tucked in our Christmas trees. Things like pencils, cotton balls, pictures she's drawn, anything she thinks would add beauty to the tree. *smile*

She sat on Santa's lap at preschool today, and guess what she told him she wanted? A "DS" and and IPod Touch.
That was news to me.
Dang those older siblings for putting ideas in her head.















She is really digging the whole idea of reindeer landing on our roof, and has been acting like a reindeer for three days now. She makes all of her friends that come over pretend to be reindeer with her.















Last week we had a real treat and went to the Festival of Trees with Aunt Jess and Uncle Brent. Of course we couldn't go to Salt Lake without making a detour to go to In N Out Burger! Yes, we stood in a line in below freezing temperatures for a burger and fries, and was it worth it? MMMMM Hmmmmmmmm! Avery wore her cool "worker hat" the whole time. (Said she was going to put reindeer antlers on it when we got home).
























I loved the gingerbread houses- here's my favorite one, "Snowmen at Night"

















And a close second- the gingerbread outhouse. I'm thinking this could have been my Christmas Card this year, dang.






Even Santa needs a man-cave.






Look at the chairs on this ski lift! These creations just amaze me, and they almost inspired me to try and make a gingerbread house myself.
Almost.







Off to see the lights at Temple Square! The best part about that for the kids is riding the train, of course. Bailey really wants to live in a big city. But she also wants to live on a ranch with lots of horses. What to do?

















For Jess and Brent, who are getting lots of practice with our kids at being great parents someday. ;) I'm thinking this could be your Christmas card this year, what do you think?










3 comments:

Eileen said...

What a cute post! And such a cute little 4.5 year old.

And I'm lovin' you little falling snowflakes.

And awesome pics.

jwoodruff said...

Looks like you had a very fun trip. YOu are going to have to teach me how to do the snowflakes I love them.

Brent and Jessica said...

We had tons of fun too! I need to post our stuff. We love you guys so much and are so greatful for family! The kids are so funny and cute. Love the snowman post. Can't wait to see you on Christmas! That is a very cute Christmas card picture...I just might have to steal it.