Here we are miniature golfing. Not sure what you would call Avery's game. Maybe shuffleboard? She used her hands more than the golf club.
And here is the one and only picture I took of us at the waterpark on Saturday. About 10 minutes after we'd bought our tickets, the black clouds came in and dumped on us. And didn't quit dumping for the next 8 hours. And no, they don't refund your tickets for "inclement weather", but I tried not to think about all that money we just spent.......
During this time, I was admiring my kids' ability to be totally unaffected by the freezing rain. They didn't complain one bit about it, they still enjoyed the waterslides and lazy river, and had a blast. They said it was even better, because there were no lines to wait in! I, however, just huddled under a blanket and shivered.
After the downpour, and after they decided to shut down the water park, we did everything else this place had to offer, like rock climbing!!
I think the workers there felt sorry for us, because they let our kids climb over and over again, even though we only paid for one climb. That, and the fact that nobody else was there due to the monsoon weather. (BONUS!)
The little ones enjoyed the "Hamster Haven" ball pit. If you've never been to Cherry Hill, you should go. I'm convinced it would be a really fun place if it were warm and sunny!
And of course, the sun DID come out on Sunday, but everything was closed except this pool. So we let the kids swim so that we could feel like we got a little bit of our money's worth.
Then we had lunch at Famous Dave's in honor of Dave for Father's Day. Yummy. I always say, he's such a good cook, they named a restaurant after him.
There really needs to be more days that are dedicated to honoring great dads. One day just isn't enough to spoil Dave properly. Words just can't even say how much he does for us. He gives everything he has to me and the kids. His time, his love, his paycheck, even his Father's Day Fudge......
I love that Dave has never missed an event in the kids' lives, whether its a school performance or an important doctor's appointment. I love that he calls them from work in the morning to wish them a Happy Birthday, and that he counsels Bailey and gives such good advice when she's having friend trouble. The kids know that Daddy can fix anything from broken toys to broken hearts. He supplies me with my daily dose of laughter. He is the rock and without him, nothing would be possible in our family. He is the most considerate person I know. And funny. And handsome. And all that.
The kids' gift to Dave? A big hug. We love you so much.
4 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time in the rain! It rained at lake powell too:(
What a lovely post. I love Cherry Hill. And I amen all you said about Dave. He is a great guy!
Wow...what a fun Father's Day. It looks like you all had such a great time. Tell Dave thanks for being such a great guy and cook that they name a restraunt after him...it is one of Brent's favorites.
I love the last picture of the hug. You can just see the love in that picture. He is a great guy.
I am glad you all had fun despite the rain! It looks like such a fun place.
Post a Comment