Ahhh, the month of May. There are so many fun things to try and squeeze into this month, it makes my head spin most days! Between family and friends, we have 12 birthdays and 3 graduations this month. I have had 6 weddings in the last two weeks. Not to mention field trips, a History report, end of school parties, being the Art Mom, and a photography class I'm taking. I can barely keep up lately, so if I seem scatterbrained or forget to show up to something I'm supposed to be to, forgive me. The kids haven't done any reading or homework this month because I'm done. We've had takeout for dinner about 5 days out of 7. And I love my husband because he never says a word about the house looking like a tornado hit it every day. I promise I'll be a better wife and mother in July. But I'm not complaining, because it is a fun month. Here's some fun things we did this past week:

Bailey and Cade ran the 1 mile in Smithfield Health Days. Later Cade got to be in the parade and throw candy from the float with the Gators swim team.

Candace and I ran the 10K. We're training for the 1/2 Marathon in Bear Lake in June. I love our early morning runs, its a real sanity saver I think. Thank you Candace, for motivating me!
Thanks to his super-cool dad, Cade got a motorcycle. Zac Woodruff got a matching one too. I don't know who's more excited about this one, the little boys or the big boys! It's a dream come true for all of them, and they've had fun taking it up in the hills by our house.
Are you reminded of the movie "Dumb and Dumber" when you look at this picture? :) Sorry Dave, you just look so cute!

Janette had her baby!! We BARELY got these pictures in time. Isn't she gorgeous at 9 months? We planned to do some outdoor ones later when it warmed up a bit, but it was too late. Baby Jazmine came early! I'm making a CD for you Janette.

One of my favorite things to do each spring is get all dressed up and have a little girl time with Lisa, my best friend from high school and our beautiful daughters. Here we are having Tea at the Grand America Hotel. It was just GRAND!

Another favorite about the month of May is Mother's Day!! Why, oh why can't every day be Mother's Day? It's such a great day and it's over so quickly. I was treated to breakfast in bed (Bananas Foster, my fav) Then we got chocolates in church, love notes from the kids, and in Relief Society we just visited and had desserts. Can we do that every week? My kids spoiled me with the sweetest hand-made gifts, and Dave gave me an unexpected gift- a lens for my camera that I've wanted. Then my Mom and Nessa came up to visit and Nessa brought us leis that she ordered from Hawaii! What a great surprise!

We celebrated Avery's birthday that day too. She's just 5, but tells us she NEEDS a car. We've been hiding this from her for the last 5 months. We were so excited to give it to her! She's wants to keep the bow on it forever.

Avery wanted to invite her friends to a "School" Party! It was quite fun, we had Show and Tell, we played a math game, then read a book about rainbows and made our own.
Next was Science, where we made erupting volcanoes.

Then we had snack time, some school bus cake, and then recess! In all the chaos, I didn't get a group photo. But thank you to all of our friends and family who helped us to spoil Avery on this day. She's been looking forward to being 5 and going to school for a long time.
5 comments:
Wow that was a big week! Lillian could not have had more fun at Avery's party. She had a great time and everything you did was just adorable. Thanks for running in the mornings. I don't know what I would do without you!
Oh my. I thought MY May was busy. Fun post. LOVE Janette's pics.
What a fun month! Thanks for coming to my graduation! I hope that you had a great mother's day! I laughed so hard when I saw that pic of Dave on the super small motorcyle. Cute School part for Avery! I cannot believe that she is 5. Can't wait to see you the first part of June.
My girls had a great time at Avery's party. You are such an amazing mom! Thanks for inviting them, and thanks for letting Sienna spend half of her life at your house. She adores Avery! (We all adore her though, she's sucha doll!)
What fun!!! I wish I lived closer then I could run with you too. I haven't ran or been to the gym since March because of my classes. Next week, it's going to be hard!!
Post a Comment