Sunday, September 27

Where Your Money Went

Thanks to all our family who sponsored our kids in their fun run to raise money for their school! I thought you might want to see pictures and proof that they really did run all 30 laps. Cade took this fundraiser very seriously and didn't want to let anyone down. The 3rd graders ran first, and he sprinted the entire time and did 2 1/2 miles in 25 minutes. According to him, he came in 4th place, although it's really impossible to tell.
It was a nice HOT day, so Dave is pouring water on him after to cool off.

Next up is the 5th graders, and Cade thought it was his job to pour water on Bailey at every lap. Bailey was not so serious about the run, necessarily, but was as we like to say, "working on her popularity" with her friends by having a waterfight the whole time,


And stopping to get pictures with her cool teacher, Mr. Haramoto


Cade got bored of watching Bailey's 30 laps, and asked if he could do hers too. So he joined in and we are guessing he ran at least a 5k that day. I wish I had his spontaneous energy!



We are the cheering section! Run, kids, RUN!


7 comments:

The Mullen Family said...

Way to go Bailey and Cade! 30 laps that is really far!

Stephanie said...

This is Stephanie Austin, I am a friend of Eileen's and often check out your blog. What a pleasant surprise it was to see my daughter Katie (Kathryn at school) in your pictures! Can I steal the pictures?

Stephanie said...

I take that back about stealing the pictures, would it be asking too much for you to e-mail them to me? Please! I'd be so grateful! stephaustin77athotmaildotcom Thanks!

Hayley said...

Um, I don't know what it is about that last picture of you and avery, but i adore it! so darling!

Eileen said...

No one hit me up for money. I'm still waiting for my frozen cookie dough. :)

Very cute photos. How fun that Dave would attend the event.

Brent and Jessica said...

That is awesome. We are so glad that the kiddo's called us to raise money for their school. We loved teh pictures!

just the five of us said...

WOW!! Bailey, I need a running partner:) Mine always cancels on me!! I did make Calla run this morning though.

C/ya in few days:)