Sunday, September 20

Bunnies in a Basket and Bye-Bye Hair

Wanna know what pure happiness looks like on my kids' faces? It looks like this:
And this:

And this:

Look at the bunny's face, isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen? I admit that I love the bunnies too. I can't believe I forgot to blog about this event in their lives, because it was the highlight of their summer, really. You see, they have been dreaming about getting bunnies for about two years now. We had promised them that if we ever fenced our yard in, we could get bunnies again. Cade has personally saved every penny he's made for the last two years to put towards a fence. Every birthday wish that they've made, and every star, or turkey bone that they've wished upon, has been for bunnies. It was a great day to see their wish come true, and to experience the thrill they felt when they brought their new friends home.
The next few pictures will show you the many faces of sillyAvery. When I pull out the camera, this is what I get.



Here's her first day of preschool, YAY! They get to go swimming on Wednesdays, how cool is that?




All spiffed up in her new school clothes, and bursting with excitement! Doesn't her hair look so cute?


Say goodbye to that long hair, these are the last pictures I took of her before her "accidental haircut".
There she goes, without even looking back. She has no attachment issues whatsoever. I'm so proud of her adventuresome-ness, and ability to jump into each new situation with confidence. But I was hoping for at least a wave as my last baby went off to preschool!


A few days later, she was playing with her neighbor friend, and when she came home, half of her ponytail had been cut OFF. And a few really short bangs were added.
At first I had a heart attack, but then I realized it could have been worse. ALOT worse. This was fixable.

This happened on a Saturday night. Thank goodness for my great neighbor, who was willing to fix it on Sunday morning! What would I have done without you Hayley?

After getting her hair cut, she joined Hayley's girls in their impromptu Hanna Montana dance concert to Boom boom clap, boom dee-clap dee-clap. They are so funny!


And here is her new haircut, what do you think? Hayley did a great job! Of course, I think Avery would be adorable even if she had no hair. But I'm glad her friend didn't go that far.

6 comments:

Hayley said...

I was happy to help! I love the look on Avery's face while I'm cutting her hair, she looks miserable! Glad you could join our Sunday morning dance party...

Eileen said...

Explain the "accidental" hair cut. Just curious.

You need to come pick pics!

Hanne and Fam said...

I love the new haircut! She is too cute!

vickie said...

Avery looks great. You can't even tell!

Anonymous said...

Haha don't you just love what girls do for fun! Avery is so adorable, and you're right, it could have been A LOT worse. And what a cute bunny! It looks like it's smiling in all the pictures too. That's so much fun :)

Brent and Jessica said...

The kids are all so cute! I love Avery's new hair cut! I hope that all is going well for you guys. Hope to see you soon!