Avery was excited about swim lessons, until she caught on to the fact that the teacher was going to make her put her head under not once, but every single day! I had such a difficult time watching her struggle with her own personal fears, and she kept looking to me to come rescue her. It was agonizing. I would give her the thumbs up, while holding back my own tears.
She pretty much doesn't like putting her ears, nose, eyes, or mouth in the water.
Every day this was the part she agonized about-- putting her head under water. She would whimper and stare at the water and shake her head.
But it felt like sticking a fork in my heart and twisting it......
This look just killed me, and so many times I just wanted to run down there and scoop her out of the water to make her stop doing this face! Even after she'd finally do it, she still had this look on her face like it was just awful, and she never wanted to do it again.
The last day was a fun day, they got to put life jackets on and float in the deep end. Finally Avery was happy! This is her kind of swimming!! But notice the other little boy in the picture, who was so uncomfortable in a life jacket and was crying about this. Go figure. He had absolutely no problem all week long jumping in and going under, but put a life jacket on and he's the one crying now. Kids are so different!
7 comments:
I love your posts. They are so real life and heartfelt. You are a sweet, awesome mom.
Happy late BD! I really did mean to come by with a treat. I guess I still could....
And you HAVE to tell me where that hike is!
Bribery can be quite effective. I use it on my kids occasionally as well! :)
Oh yeah, call me if you want me to help paint Bailey's room. I would love it!
I love the pictures. Avery looks so sad. It is cute. I love the snow cone...that looks so yummy.
Oh honestly, Avery is just breaking my heart! Those pictures are just priceless and perfect. And I agree with Eileen, you are just such an amazing mom!
Oh man, I remember back to MY summer swimming lessons, at Sky View right? Poor Avery though, she looked nearly tortured! But snow cones are definitely worth it wouldn't you say? :) I do love your posts Chanelle! And now that we're in our own apartment, I wouldn't mind some of your Thrifty Thursday posts again! I need some ideas!
So I just finished reading your previous post, and I have to say you are a fantastic mother! Happy Birthday! What a fun week and a fun way to spend the holidays :) I remember our family hiked the Crimson Trail, and it was tough! Also, I had heard that the Logan River was closed/you can't tube it anymore. So that makes me really happy that you can!!! We'll definitely have to do that this summer :) Again, you guys are just fantastic!
Post a Comment