And I want to eat comfort food. But I really don't like to cook, so it's a problem . . .
When my kitchen is clean, I can't stand the thought of messing it all up. So here's my solution, I spent one day making a whole bunch of meals that our family likes that could be frozen. Call it my version of Dream Dinners. Now I have 15 meals ready to go, like Angel Chicken Pasta, Portabella Mushroom Chicken with Bacon, Rosemary Chicken Linguini, Chicken Mirabella, Chicken Pot Pie, and BBQ Chicken tenders. (Can you tell Albertson's had a great deal on Chicken?)
I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me to look at. I feel giddy just knowing I have all these meals ready to put in the crock pot or oven, without any mess!!! It's like money in the bank to me.
This gives me the ability to do something more fun all day long, say like, sit and watch Obama's Inauguration ceremony for 5 hours! I was glued to my TV, and the energy that the entire country is feeling is so contagious. I am optimistic, excited, hopeful, and eager to be part of this historic period of time. I truly believe that the potential of America is unlimited if we can collectively come together with a positive change in mind, and I admire Obama for his ability to ignite that hope across the WORLD. It was so touching to see other nations celebrating along with us. Everyone needs a major attitude adjustment instead of talking doom and gloom all the time. That alone would get the economy moving again, and would really help out the local cabinet guy. So whether you voted for him or not, do your country a favor and please please please jump aboard the bandwagon of positive thinking!
11 comments:
Soooooooooo jealous of all those dinners in your freezer.
And thanks for such a positive post! I needed that today.
facks (kinda scary)
Thanks for the info about the cat. I wondered about that. I also had the Inauguration on all day and kept finding myself sitting on the couch watching in the middle of whatever I was trying to get done. I didn't vote for Obama but can't denie it was history making. I thought when the old Pres. left for the last time on the helicopter and they all hugged was so touching. I wish our President the best and hope we can all keep this optimisim alive!
hey I was just wondering how often you feed your frogs? The pet store told us every day and the internet said once or twice a week!
I love your idea and I need some of your recipes, the meals sound so good! I am totally with you on sitting in my warm house with a good book and eating ( which I am trying to stop doing).
I love what you said about Obama, I agree. He is very inspiring and I am so hopeful. It was amazing to see him sworn in yesterday.
All those recipes sound great and I really want to start doing something like this. I need to get your recipes. My kids wouldn't let me watch the inaguration but I really enjoyed the highlights on the news. I, too, hope the country can get out of the doom and gloom state it is in!
How smart are you? I did the same sort of thing only with a whole cooked Turkey. I kept everything and made casserole, homemade noodle soup, and froze some just to pull out and throw in something else. LOVE stuff like this! Good for you! Thanks for your comments on our blog by the way. Always good to hear from you and I agree with the optimism for the cabinet guy!!
I need to get some of these recipes! They sound delish! I think I may copy you and freeze myself some dinners.
I need your recipes, too! Just the names made we want to eat them. Do a post and give us all your recipes! Please :)
Some of those dinners sound way awesome. I need your recipes!
That is such a great idea! I really need to do that, because I get this desire to cook, until it comes time to cook. Then I'm worthless! But that's an awesome idea, and I'm with everyone else that commented, I really need your recipes! We're big chicken eaters :)
I tagged you Chanelle. Go to my blog to check it out:)
Post a Comment