This is where it all began, and one of the first places he went. These are his loving parents who raised him to be the incredible guy he is. I am forever grateful for them! I love this picture of Dave's parents in front of their house. It reminds me a little of the picture of the farmer and his wife in front of the barn holding the pitchfork, you know what I'm talking about?
Here's Dave in front of his high school 22 years later. He's a babe, I know. The years have been good to him, he doesn't look that old, right?
Next he picked up another high school friend, Dan, at Dan's parents' home, because he's spent alot of time there in his life and they have been like a second family to him. Dan & Janette joined him on his journey too, and the next clue sent him to the old house on Capitol Hill in Salt Lake.
This is one of the first houses we rented when we were first married, and I was waiting there for him. The house was a shoebox, and we were dirt poor, and it was a crime infested neighborhood, but those were some of the best times of our lives!
Thank you everyone who helped me celebrate my guy. And Petey, thank you for the mullet.
And now I will leave you with a birthday message that Dave's employees left on his video camera for him. They are so funny.
And now I will leave you with a birthday message that Dave's employees left on his video camera for him. They are so funny.
4 comments:
You are the BEST wife ever! And I am not even kidding. And what fun friends you have.
Happy BD to the OLD man.
Happy Birthday Uncle David!!!!!
What a great idea!! At first I thought those employees were old Crossroads cooks with their aprons on and I thought man they need to get a life!! (Still working there and all) Then I realized they were his River Mill employees. Happy Birthday Dave!! Leave it to your lame sister to be belated when it comes to birthday wishes.
You really are the best wife ever. I'd marry you...
Happy day to Dave!
Post a Comment